Friday, November 16, 2007

The Upcoming Holiday

Next Thursday is the American Thanksgiving. Meal wise, I'm having my meal with my great neighbors. I'll bring over a casserole (a variation on the traditional green bean casserole) and a bottle of wine or 6 pack of something. The great part is all I have to do is walk about 50 feet from my front door to their dining room table. Plus the meal will be towards the end of the afternoon. Perfect actually, I can have a large breakfast (I'm thinking pancakes, I never make pancakes anymore) and then take the dogs for a long walk (as long as it's not pissing down rain) and come home ready for a big meal.

I actually do have a lot of things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my neighbors who have been great friends to me,~loaning me cars and a shoulder to whinge on, I'm thankful I have a job, I'm thankful I have my dogs (as much as they make me crazy right now), I'm thankful I have my house, and I'm thankful that I'm surviving this bankruptcy process with most of my dignity in tact, albeit with acne and grey hair coming in from the stress of it all. Onward and upward as they say!

No comments: