Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Looking for a Second Job has hit a Snag

Even with my resolution this past month to find a second job, it has been harder than anticipated. Part of it is due to my full time work schedule. I don't get out of work early enough to go home, deal with my animals and make the drive to the nearest mall or shopping center to work an evening shift. I can do weekends, but almost exclusively, the places I have spoken to or dropped off applications need both weekday and weekend. I live just that bit too far in the sticks to be able to make that type of work work for me. Most local businesses close at 5 or 6 PM, I get out of work at 5PM. I don't have the flexibility to change my work schedule either. Frustrating.

I did pick up a very part time position photographing homes for a title search company, but it only pays $15/$20 per photograph and it is not steady work. If I could do at least 5 to 6 properties per week, that would be a big help. It's my understanding that the real estate market it slow and gets even slower between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I have not given up the ship yet. I just have to be a bit more creative and see what I can find that will work with my schedule or see what other options are out there.

No comments: