Friday, November 30, 2007

Tale of The Tape for November-

I ran my numbers last night and some things made me happy, some things did not.

Budget

Mortgage Budget and Actual $553
Car Insurance Budget and Actual $87
Student Loan: Budget and Actual $175
Emergency Fund: Budget and Actual $200
Heath Insurance: Budget and Actual $90
ING Savings: Budget and Actual: $25
Utilities: Budget $150 Actual $199.39
Gas: Budget: $100 Actual $92.89
Phones: Budget $65, Actual $65
Misc: Budget $100 Actual $343.32

Difference between Budget and Actual: $499.63

Not planned for and over budget expenses

$60 Laundry at Laundromat
$111. 26 Dog Emergency
$41.89-Items bought at Candle Party-will use as Holiday Presents
$42.00-Shop Vac to replace dead vacuum
$44.00 Carpets for house
$90 for Jewelery Appraisal

Total: $347.15

Un categorized $152.48. The non categorized can be attributed to Target and split between clothes (some socks and underwear), cleaning supplies (new mop, new bucket, Method Cleaners), some kitchen items (new rubbermaid containers) and the remainder is probably food. I could not find my Target receipts to categorize the items.

I had to replace my dead Hoover this month, the dogs had a Vet Emergency, I spent WAY you much money at the laundromat doing laundry (all the dog blankets and taking my blankets out of storage, I spent $21 one day doing about 9 loads of laundry.) and I let myself be suckered into a Candle Party where I overpaid for 4 candles that I could probably find for half the price If I put forth a little effort. I bought a carpet for my kitchen and a new bathmat. Bankrupt Betty's Kitchen floor is cold and the dogs tramp all over the floor, this will at least keep my feet warm and will be easier to vacuum the carpet and not have to mop the floor every night . I hate mopping, I like vacuming.

I'm not happy with going over budget at all. Plus any savings I had all went to pay for my transmission repair. But I am happy that I did not give into temptation and buy lunch after the first three days of the month, I am happy I stuck to my meal plan for almost the month, I've been preparing meals from items I have in my cupboards and the last of the leftovers are sitting in my lunch sack for my lunch today.

I feel like I am making progress, I have not lived by a strict budget in a very long time, I know I can improve. Sometime later today I'll post my December Budget.

No comments: