Friday, November 30, 2007

December Goals

1) Work towards finding a second job or alternative source of income that will net me at least $300 a month.

2) Work on personal web site and other personal blog (something I have been neglecting) at least three times a week.

3) Continue with the meal planning.

4) Decrease the number of animals I own.

5) Continue to scale back unnecessary possessions (Craigs list, E-bay, Goodwill, Freecycle).

6) Paint Kitchen

7) Get more quality content in this blog relating to Personal Finance.

8) Have at least 10 no spend anything days. (not even my lotto ticket purchases!)


If you look at these goals, not many of them are finance related, but there are sections of my life that need some improvement and care and attention and it's time to address them.

I have a too many animals in my life. I have to find homes for at least two of them for a variety of reasons. 1) I don't have the time to spend with them, quality or otherwise 2) Not everyone gets along and it's not a "happy family". Managing them has become a chore, which it should not. Plus with the onset of winter it means less time outside and more time in my small home.

My kitchen has not been painted for 5 years and it's time for a bit of a change. $25 of paint and about 4 hours of painting time will do me a world of good. I'm thinking a very pale yellow.

My personal web site and personal blog has been sorely neglected while I've been pre-occupied with the Bankruptcy filing. It has also affected some of my personal relationships as I have not told anyone and since I've not been the best of company this fall, I've avoided a bunch of social situations until this is totally over.