I've been busy doing a bunch of little things and posting has taken a back seat to me getting my self and life back in order for the New Year.
1) I had my first no spend day of 2008! Yesterday was no spend day #1-I stayed home and started to paint my kitchen(tada-a start on one of my goals for January).
2) I've been getting organized for my income tax preparation-remember the Trustee wants my income tax statement for 2007 and any refunds I might get. So I started on organizing myself to get my taxes done as soon as I get my w-2. The sooner this is done and processed, the better. I just want to move on with my life and this is the last hurdle.
3) Painting the kitchen: In December I bought a gallon of paint (Desert Lily) to paint my kitchen. I got my self organized over the weekend and started to paint. For such a small kitchen, it's going to take three days. Why, because I have no room in my house to rip apart the kitchen, spackle, sand, clean walls, then paint without it becoming a total disaster zone. Right now, it's only half a disaster zone. I've taken a two shelves off my wall, did all of the above and got two coats of paint on the wall. I will touch up the trim work this evening and then figure out, try to decide if I want to put up the same shelving or change it around. My storage options are limited, but I'm working with what I have. I did gather up another small load of items to go on freecycle and to the local consignment shop. I'm really pleased with the color and the kitchen already looks lighter, brighter and much more peaceful. And the other upside is I'm really being diligent about decluttering my possessions (it's getting easier as I convince myself to just let go of stuff, I mean, so I really need 5 Pyrex mixing bowls?).
4) I organized a section of my desk and files for real estate only. More on my "first day" in another post.
5) I made a bunch of corrections/updates to my personal web site. I just have to upload them and that will be a good thing. Lots of my information is old and out of date, and I've been able to spend some time updating the site.