Thursday, June 11, 2009

Plan B For Me

I did NOT actively look for secondary work in May. Part of me was being a prissy little child and sulking about the cut in hours, part of me was enjoying the time off to get some of the small projects done around the house. I'm working on the to do list and it's slowly getting smaller. I'm resisting putting any new projects on the list as I want to feel this sense of satisfaction and accomplishment once the list is done (less the few projects that will cost some serious $$$). Then I'll add in the new projects. EXCEPT, that having 3.5 days off per week gives me a lot of free time on my hands and I've recently become really bored by Sunday.

Last year my goal was to work enough each month to cover my car payment. I was able to achieve that goal less one month when I did not. I would really like to earn enough money again to cover my car payment. My regular job salary will cover my mortgage and basic expenses. Time to take a new attitude and get re-invigorated about the job search and what I need to do from here on out

A while back I posted my new grand scheme/budget, which was based on me working each weekend at my weekend job. Ah yes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. As you know, a few weeks later and the plan was shot to shite. So it's on to plan B. What is Plan B? Your guess is as good as mine. I had hoped that something would crop up like my current weekend stint did, but it has not, Yet.

I'll do what I did last time, which is tell everyone that I have select weekends free and am available for odd jobs, virtual assistant work, paying work. I did that last fall and I ended up with a call from my now weekend boss. It's time to try and get my feet out of the goo that seems to be holding me back.........

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Good for you! That seems like a good goal. Sometimes we need a break - don't beat yourself up about it, just move on and make it happen now. You can do it!