Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Evening Adventures

Instead of spending 20 minutes cleaning my desk last night, I watched a DVD and drank wine. I was tired folks! I've been running around not doing a heck of a lot of things worth talking about, but still seeing people, places and things-you know, life. I've not been sleeping well and yesterday I caved into the couch, drank wine and watched the DVD. I blissfully went to bed at 10 PM and slept until 6:30 AM- I've not had a good long sleep in ages...

My lawn needs mowing, I need to tidy up my desk, I need to respond to bunch of personal e-mails (the free WiFi is back!), I need to clean my house. I also want to clean my house and want to tidy my desk!

On the flip side, I went to the grocery store on my way home yesterday. I've been using up whats in the house and pantry for the past three weeks without hitting the grocery store for things other than fresh veggies. I walked out of the house on Tuesday, forgetting to pack a lunch, mainly because I had nothing to pack for lunch. I was even out of bread product to make a PBJ sandwich. I bought a packet of ramen noodles at the CVS for 55c and had that for lunch. You can buy a 12 pack of ramen noodles for $1.79 at the store. BUT it kept me from the $7.20 lunch like I had last week. I've been eating a lot of junk from my cupboards and pantry (really bad boxed mac and cheese, canned pasta, etc) -not very good for me food to eat for many meals in a row.

I was surprised to see that I spent close to $40 at the grocery store last night. I have to do some unexpected traveling this weekend for an unexpected family thing and bought a bunch of "car snacks"-crackers, drinks, etc. I just sighed when I picked up the cracker boxes, 2 for $5 on triscuits and wheat thins. I don't like the ALDI triscuit wheat thin type crackers. Last two times I bought the ALDI brand they were one of the few products that did not impress me. I also keep going in the geographic opposite direction of ALDI and I know that over half the stuff I bought at my local grocery store I could have bought at ALDI for almost half the price. I passed up on some hummus and cheese product because I also know I can buy that at Trader Joes for like half the price that my local grocery store sells it for.

Ah well, it was what it was. I did make dinner last night with enough for leftover for lunch today, have a meal planned out that I can cook tonight with leftovers for lunch tomorrow and have some fixings in the house that are not processed food product.

No comments: