Thursday, March 13, 2008

Using Part of my Return to Make My Living Space Better

I'm taking part of my tax return and getting a couple things I need for the house that I have been putting off. It's nothing major, but it's things like new window shades for the windows, and and new door handle for the screen door. I got a new set of drapes (on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond) last week and a new curtain rod is needed. I also had a handyman come in to do about two hours worth of work on some little home repairs that I don't have the tools or skill to do (fixing some exterior trim, fixing the screen door, repairing the outdoor front door light).

I'm giving myself $50 to either spend on a couple Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts or Panera Bread Gift Cards (for use for travel later this summer).

The remainder will go into my emergency fund.

No comments: