Monday, March 17, 2008

Trying to Get Re-Motivated

My motivation to do parts of my "To Do" list keeps diminishing for some reason. I spent far too much time this past weekend doing nothing, did not even make it to the local library for another armload of books. I did visit some friends (which was nice, I feel like I'm getting a social circle again) and did manage to cross off a couple things from my To Do list, but they were all the things that did not require a great amount of effort or thought on my part.

I keep a running To Do list of projects and goals, as I finish each To Do or reach a goal, it gets ticked off the list, every couple weeks I write up a fresh list and star things that MUST be done. What bothers me is I could get some of the smaller projects out of the way, but I just don't do them and get them done. I know I would feel a lot better to do things like rehang pictures in my bedroom, but I just feel too lazy to pick up a hammer and some picture hooks. Pathetic.

On an up note, I did take some old dishes and clothes to Goodwill, put a couple more unwatched DVD's on Half. com and did open a new savings account at the Credit Union and deposited a couple of the picutre taking checks. I passed on the extra gift cards that I had planned on buying, I'm only going to get one, either for Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. That money went towards the new credit union account. That is a good thing. Fiscal restraint.

No comments: