Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Wasted Trip to The Mall

I am down to the last few gifts I am purchasing for holiday presents. Last night I realized I had to venture to a shopping mall for the last couple items. I was looking for a specific gift (being given to three people) and it was not available locally. I found a store that carried these items and decided to brave the holiday shoppers and go out for these items.

I was dead certain a particular mall had a particular store, so after an early dinner, I hopped in my car and off I went. I should have gone to the mall web site, the store I was looking for was not in this mall, or the other shopping center close to it, nor was there a comparable store in either mall. I did check the store web site and saw it had a location in the same town as this particular mall. I made the wrong assumption that since the store was listed in the same town, it would be in the big mall. It was not. In fact, for all the hype this mall has about it's great stores, (except for one of the anchor stores) I was not overly impressed at all. The prices where the same as my local stores and I wasted 40 minutes each way of travel time.

I was annoyed at myself for wasting the trip and the time it took to get there. The only highlight was finding a great parking spot close to a store entrance. Lesson learned, I should have double checked the mall web site 1st and the store web site more carefully before heading out the door.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I did something similar...I went to my local mall because they had a particular store...when I got to the mall, it turns out the store had been replaced by a Pottery Barn!