Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Already New Credit Card Offers

I don't even have the official from the Court discharge papers. What was in my mail box this am? A pre-approved credit card offer for "those who have challenged credit". With an APR of 16%. I did not read all the fine print, there's gotta be a catch. This was not a secured credit card I shook my head and put the offer in the shredder.

Honestly, my credit at this point is more than challenged. AND my discharge is not official yet. AND I'm getting credit card offers in the mail.

Prior to my couple years of really bad fiscal decisions and bankruptcy I had decent credit. I had figured that between the bad fiscal decisions being on my record and the bankruptcy, it was going to be next to dammed impossible to get credit. I plan on getting a secured credit card in the upcoming months, when I am ready to cross that bridge. Yet the offers are coming in and it's not even "official". Heck for all these folks know, I could be one of those multiple bankruptcy repeaters!

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

They might be one of those cards that gives you 16% for a short period of time and then bumps it up to 35% with a missed payment or a few months down the line. I'm glad to hear that you just tossed the offer into the shredder. It's probably the safest thing to do.

Unknown said...

Gud information thank you.. check here best credit cards offers, rewards and compare credit cards - http://www.bankbazaar.com/credit-card.html