Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Present Update

Since my last post on presents, I've made my list and gone over it more than twice. I made the decision that those folks who are getting gifts from me will get one of three things:

1) A toiletries basket with a gift card to either a Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks gift card.

2) A little Starbucks gift pack (coffee, travel mug) and a Starbucks gift card.

3) Some sort of bottle of wine or liquor tastefully wrapped with a small chocolate treat.

The exceptions to the above are my friend James and my wonderful neighbors two kids. Since James does not cook (and spends more eating out in one month than most folks do in five) I have spent about $25 on various food items-packets of side dishes, a small hickory farms gift basket, some chocolates, jellies and jams, crackers. Thank you Aldi,Target, and the grocery store for allowing me to do this well in my budget.

The neighbors two kids will get a gift card for either Borders or for gas. Not a ton of money, but a little bit. The neighbors have been good to me, and a small gift for the kids (both teen aged girls who now drive) is in order.

I'll go gift card shopping on Friday and right now, this is a huge load off my mind. Not meaing to sound like the Grinch or Ebenzer Scrooge, but I just can't get into the Holiday frame of mind while going Bankrupt.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

Congrats on staying frugal. I blew my budget out of the water! :(