Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Little Unexpected Surprise

I forgot to post and say that I won $54 in the lottery last week. Not a ton of money by any stretch of the imagination, but for a $1 investment, I got back $53.

I used the money to do the ubiquitous laundry at the laundromat, treated myself to a Latte at Starbucks while Target Shopping, and put the remainder in my wallet as fun money.

Yes I probably should have stuck the remainder in my EF or my Car Fund, both looking rather drab at the moment, but I wanted to be able to have a little unexpected discretionary cash to blow on whatever in my wallet. I've used it for a small shop at the grocery store, to pick up a container of soup (I felt the need for soup for lunch on Monday and did not pack soup). I bid on and won a small print on E-bay ($4.99) as a Christmas present to myself. The seller actually lives local to me so I will pay cash and do a local pick up.

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I've never done a local pick-up...do you not have to pay shipping?

Bouncing Back said...

Nope the seller is going to meet me at the local post office, which happens to be halfway between my home and thiers. I paid for the purchase via pay pal.

Every once in a while, I see Local pick up only on e-bay.