Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Wasted $25 Last Night

Yesterday was just one of those days, we all have them. Sometime around 4 PM a friend called me at work and we decided to split a Chinese Take Out and some wine and do a bit of a gossip catch up session. I would have rather had a pizza, but she said she was craving Chinese and I offered to pick up the food on my way over to her house. She kindly called in the order for both the food and the wine, all I had to do was pick them up and she paid for her half when I got to her house.

Let me preface this by saying where I live, the quality of the ethnic food is fair to middling at best, but usually edible and acceptable. This particular Chinese restaurant has a few dishes that are above acceptable. I've gotten a number of items from them and tend to stick some some basics that I know are OK. But not last night. We ordered our usual, soup, appetizer and an entree to split. We bought a bottle of wine. It was by far one of the most disappointing meals I have had in ages. The hot and sour soup was not hot and almost sweet, the lo mien totally lacking the vegetables, not enough mustard packets and far too many soy sauce packets in the take out bag. Plus the bottle of wine we got was nothing to write home about either.

I don't mind spending money on food as long as it tickle my palate and is pleasing, but this particular meal was not good. All I can say was the company was great even if the food was not. Oh well, live and learn, but boy do I feel like I wasted my money last night and I ended up with a case of indigestion as well.

No comments: