Friday, December 21, 2007

December Goal Update and Plans for 2008

Since I've got some time before I head out for the weekend, I wanted to review my December Goal Progress.

Here they be

1) Work towards finding a second job or alternative source of income that will net me at least $300 a month. Well I did get a tentative job offer in an animal related field, but that does not start until March and I decided to re-activate my Real Estate License, no money in yet, but a start. I'm still going to look for an income producing job in January Percentage of Goal Met: 50%

2) Work on personal web site and other personal blog (something I have been neglecting) at least three times a week. I've been blogging about once a week. Percentage of Goal Met ; 33%

3) Continue with the meal planning. Done every week but the very first. Percentage of Goal Met: 75%

4) Decrease the number of animals I own. Two of my animals now have loving new homes. And that is a good thing. Percentage of Goal Met: 100%

5) Continue to scale back unnecessary possessions (Craigs list, E-bay, Goodwill, Freecycle). I listed and sold 4 books on half.com, I need to really do a possession purge! Percentage of Goal Met:20%

6) Paint Kitchen-Well, I picked out a color and bought the paint. Percentage of Goal Met: 50%

7) Get more quality content in this blog relating to Personal Finance. Not going as well as I would like, but I am finding more interesting links. Percentage of Goal Met: 40%

8) Have at least 10 no spend anything days. (not even my lotto ticket purchases!). Oh not going as well as I would like, it's the little things that stop me (soda for lunch at work, postage for outgoing packages) Percentage of Goal Met, only 50% as of this point.

I'm not a big believer in Resolutions per say, but I do like goals and goal setting. A couple of my goals for the upcoming year are:

1) Try to go as green as possible at home and at work. I already use (and have used for a number of years) my own reusable shopping bags, I recycle everything I can (town dump mandated), I have a compost pile for my food scraps, etc. I'll be following the Green Boot Camp Blog for more ideas that I can incorporate into my home and work life.

2) Continue to work on my re-installed budget.

3) Start to contribute to my Roth IRA again and see if I can reach my personal goal of $5000

4) Continue to fund my Emergency Fund.

5) Find a second paying job.

6) Remodel my sorely outdated bathroom either by a little (or a lot) sweat equity or with minimal cost from outside labor (perhaps a trade in kind).

7) Get on a regular exercise program again.

Well that's what's planned for me for 2008 as of now. I'm hoping to meet these goals so I can go on to bigger and better ones! good luck to all in planning yours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are doable items...
You can do it...
Hang in there and don't give up!

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog...linked over from another (I think!) and I just wanted to know if you post on "how" you ended up in bankruptcy....? Your story is interesting...just wondered how you got there?