Monday, May 12, 2008

Upping the Animal Count at My House

I have a couple dogs that I love and adore. They are my cherished pets. That's the good side of them, the bad side is one of the dogs really doesn't tolerate too many other animals very much. In fact, he can be down right obnoxious about other animals. He is a brat of the first caliber.

An older friend of mine recently had her husband pass away and she's had sort of a breakdown. She asked me to come and get one of her dogs (she is an old time dog breeder and has cut back her kennel to the very minimum due to her age 70 years old). I made the trek to New Jersey last week to pick up the dog and check in on my friend. She has no family, save for her two step daughters who are not animal people at all. "Poochie" is very sweet. I'm just not sure how my guys are taking to her. I am slowly working on the socialization between my dogs and Poochie. It's slow going. My guys look at Poochie wondering who the heck she is and Poochie is not quite sure why she is at my house now. I really don't need or want another dog, but in this particular case I could not say no. I'll have to wait and see what happens with my friend, in the meantime, Poochie is now part of my "family".

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What type of dog is Poochie?