Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Checking the Credit Reports

As part of my bankruptcy, I have been checking my credit reports to at least make sure the information contained in them is correct. As I've said before, it may not be perfect, but it needs to be correct.

I will this week, pull my last credit report. I've pulled from two of the three reporting agencies, now it is time to do the last one. This time I'm also going to get my FICO score. I can't remember the last time I got a FICO score, so I'm curious to see what it is now that I'm post BK and have a new installment loan for the car. I've been making my student loan and mortgage payments early for the past year, so I'm hoping the score is not totally dismal.

I really should have pulled the score with the first credit report, but I am such a chicken I did not. Time to put those fears aside and find out what the score is. I will keep you informed!

No comments: