Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Little Annoyed~Mainly at Myself

This past weekend I had to do some traveling and part of it was in New Jersey. For those of you who may not know, New Jersey is a state where there is no pump your own gas, gas stations. It's all done by attendants.

The good thing about NJ is the gas is about 40c per gallon cheaper than it is in my area of New England. $3.40 instead of $3.78. I pulled into a station to fill up my tank and asked for the cheap unleaded, handed over my credit card, got the top off on the tank and I left. Silly me, I did not look to see what button on the pump he pushed. I had my credit card, I had a full tank of gas, I whizzed off to home. I wanted to get to my house and my bed.

Imagine my unhappy surprise when I looked at the gas receipt on Monday to see that the kind attendant filled up my tank with the stuff that was $3.47 gallon instead of the $3.40 a gallon. I only got 7 gallons, so I was only out 49c, but hey, it's the ethics of the thing. Next time I'm in Jersey (which will be in about 3-4 weeks), I'll make sure I get out of the car and WATCH what button they push. Either it was an "accident" or a way for unsuspecting out of state drivers to get bilked for anywhere from 50c to a couple dollars per fill up. Argh.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

ooo, thats annoying.

I drive in Jersey a lot and haven't checked to make sure I get the right gas. I will definitely be checking from now on.