Monday, December 1, 2008

The Weekend Update

Other than fighting a miserable cold, the weekend went OK. Not great, but OK. I had my Thanksgiving meal with my lovely neighbors (good company, good food, good time) and I was able to organize my small space-yeah for me.

This past weekend was my first weekend at yet another job to supplement my income. That too went OK, not great, but OK. I don't have a routine down yet, (I like routines) it was a new situation for me and I forgot to take into account my meal situation. When I work as a groom, my meals are paid for as part of my work. The barn sitting gig does not offer meal reimbursement. I ate a huge diner breakfast on Sunday that was sufficient for my lunch and breakfast, but I'm going to have to remember to pack food for my other meals or be spending $40 a weekend on meals out.

I have to get my head into a schedule and my new routine. Not feeling all that well on Saturday afternoon, I spent far too much time in between work duties drinking tea and stewing over my situation. When I don't feel well, I get very down on myself, my life, my past choices, my current choices, my circumstances-in other words-I kick myself when I'm down and get depressed about life and finances.

This mentality is not good and can lead to self destructive behavior. I don't know the area very well, so at least I did not go shopping (less a trip to the CVS for cold medicine and the Dunkin Donuts for Coffee on Saturday). I watched a lot of HGTV and TLC and also got into the DIY/Home Improvement show envy. Not good. I did get my laundry done without having to spend $10-$20 at the laundromat as I usually do. Sigh, I'm just glad today starts a new month, so I can start off a new foot with a better frame of mind.

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I used to kick myself when I didn't make my goals or felt like 2 - 3 years would be FOREVER

BUt hang in there. Really.!!!

Dawn said...

Sounds to me like you just had a case of the blues. I get them every couple of months or so, when I just feel down on myself. You are right - it is a new month and a fresh start! you are doing great!