Saturday, December 20, 2008

Feeling Better About the Second Job Situation

Last week at this time I was sitting in the same spot almost in tears about a comment made to me.   This week, I'm feeling a lot better and have put some things into perspective. I do want to thank everyone who commented on that particular post, your words were a great help.

I have to keep reminding myself that I am doing what needs to be done to pay my bills and make money.  I have to remind myself that I am fortunate that I have a two jobs that allow me to pay these bills.  There are folks that don't even have one job.  I have to remind myself that the comment made to me was a bit spiteful and yes hurtful, but WHO CARES what the reason was that precipitated the job offer.  I  have a job that allows me to make up the lost wages at my "full time" job. 

The trainer in question was here at the barn this weekend, is happy with the arrangement and is happy with me and my work. He is obviously not at a show, clinic or workshop this weekend or next, but home and still employing me to do this work.  I ran into my other trainer at the coffee shop this week who said, "So I guess I've lost you to Trainer X from now on, I hear it's all working out for you."  I told my first trainer (my original second job boss) that when show season came back in full force if he wanted me to work for him, I would do it, he was closer to home (just the next town over and trainer X knows that is a possibility, but for the time being, yes I'm working for Trainer X.  

My thanks to everyone who took the time to read that long post and to comment.  I appreciate the support!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! This path that you are on is not an easy one. We all have what feels like setbacks, not just you. What differentiates the successful from the not-so-successful is the tenacity of the successful. It is what allows you to continue after experiencing setbacks, just like you are!

I have had some down financial moments lately - but I know that I have to continue and not give up. Your situation, in that respect, is not unique. It is much better than giving up!

Kris