Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Weekend Plan

I've got this upcoming weekend booked with a to do list that goes against my edict of earlier this month to NOT over load the To Do list with easy to accomplish minutia. That lasted all of 10 days.

The storms last weekend sort of flattened a couple of my flower beds, knocked down a bunch of sunflowers, and I have some neglected gardening to do anyway. The weather is questionable (as of this am), but as long as it's not a downpour, I think I'll start deadheading flowers, plant bulbs, work on the mulch pile, I did mow the lawn last night, you know, start to put the garden to bed for the winter. I just have this feeling that winter will come early to New England.....

My big plan for the weekend is to actually paint my bedroom. I have been mulling this over for almost 2 years and now is the weekend to do this. I have to get this done, I have to refresh my space. I'm tired of looking at my walls and going-they need to be painted.

I will be meeting a friend for pizza and beer on Saturday night. We get together once a month (we missed August), we catchup on gossip, we BS with each other and we just hang out. One month I treat, one month she treats. The system works out well and after a day of moving furniture and painting, I know I won't be in the mood to cook myself some dinner. Exciting isn't it?

No comments: