Monday, September 15, 2008

Ask and You Shall Receive

Ask I did! I ran into a freind of mine over the weekend. The topic of the conversation was "What are you doing this weekend?" I rattled out my to do/errands list and also said mentioned my impending insulation replacement project. I also said I was having a tough time finding reliable home improvement people that would 1) take on my small jobs and 2) not charge me an arm and a leg. We chatted for a few more minutes and went on our merry way.

The next day I got a call. My friend gave me the number of a young man who works in her company. He does things like painting, odd jobs and yes, would even do the insulation work. I talked to the young man, he offered references, understood the scope of the work (working in a very small dirty crawl space) and said he would stop by to give a quote. His hourly rate for painting was $11/hour and the odd job rate as $15. This may be too good to be true, but in the course of our conversation he said he is doing select small jobs to help fund a down payment account for his first house. He said at this time, he prefers to "hand select" a few customers who pay promptly and can work with his full time schedule.

All of the above, I can handle. Sooo, keep your fingers crossed, I'm to get an estimate in a couple days and lets hope it all works out!

No comments: