Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Need To Change My Outlook

I reported yesterday that I picked up enough hours on the "second" job to cover July's car payment. I'm thrilled about that as one of my on going goals is to cover the car payment. I also realized I looking at this whole second job thing the wrong way. Instead of being bitter about no shifts for June, I am thankful I have shifts for July and that I could "budget" half of my July shift income towards Augusts car payment in case I don't pick up additional shifts in July and who knows what will happen for August.

Look at the glass half full instead of half empty. Novel concept isn't it?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Half-full glasses are always better.

It's awesome that you found a part time job that you love and where you make enough (sometimes) to pay your car payment. I need to find something like that - although I don't have enough time in the day as it is...

Anonymous said...

I try to look at things that way too. I tend to kick myself that it took me till I was 40 to "get it" regarding finances...how much better if I had "gotten it" at 20..or 30 ?! Then I say to myself at least you got it now...and look how much better off I will be at 50!!!! GEvans