Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sew What?

In February, I had a breakdown day. Plus I was feeling fat and unloved (sniff, sniff) and then felt even fatter when I went shopping for a couple new pairs of pants (it's a chick thing). I was really happy to get the pants on sale, not happy with the new waist size, but hey, I liked the pants and I needed a couple new pairs. I dealt with the new waist size (albeit quite badly).

I finally got around to taking the pants to be altered (on a good day I am 5'2'', almost all my pants are altered). I picked them up after work today and the cost of the alterations was almost on as much as the two pairs of pants. My sewing skills don't go as far as hemming pants. I really have to learn some more DIY skills.....

1 comment:

Ms. M&P said...

Hemming is so easy! You can definitely do that yourself. I don't hem jeans, though. That takes a professional or at least a sewing machine.