Thursday, October 25, 2007

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

All I can say right now is GRRRR.

Got a call from my attorney's office, they got a letter from the Court Trustee. Not only does the Trustee want the jewelry appraisal (just waiting for that to come back, ring and watch has been dropped off), now they want a copy of my 2007 tax return (which is still just a future project) before they will approve the discharge. I think the Trustee wants to see what my tax refund will be. I can pretty much summize that it won't be much. I don't have the expenses this year that I had last year that I can write off, other than mortgage interest, some student loan, some medical, and some work related. It's going to be 1/3 of what I had last year in expenses. I won't even get all my tax documents until mid to late January and this pushes off the discharge until at least February.

Call me superstitious, but I wore that darned ring to work on Friday so I would remember to stop off at the jewelers and Friday is when my transmission blew and when the Trustees letter was dated. Each time I wear that ring something not good happens.

I'm telling ya, if I get to keep that ring, I'll never wear it again.

Oh well, not much I can do at this point until at least mid January 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! That's frustrating! :(

I, too, am very superstitious when it comes to random things. I wouldn't wear the ring, either.

Hope everything works out!