Friday, October 26, 2007

And For Fun Last Night, I Swept My Carpet

Just to add insult to injury, the other day my vacuum cleaner died. I turned it on to do a much needed vacuuming of the house, it made a funny noise and then died. First the car, now the Hoover. The vacuum is older than the car so all I did was swear a lot and drag theHoover and put it out to go to the dump this weekend. It is just not worth taking it to be repaired, it would be the cost of a new one and this one is old. Seems to be the story of my life, things dying and are too old to really spend the money on to be repaired or can be replaced with the new and improved model for the same price or less. At least I got a good ten years out of that vacuum, so I'm really not complaining, just complaining about the timing of it all.

The carpet needs a good cleaning, but for now, it got swept and at least looks better than it did before I swept it.

Part of what I will be doing this weekend will be a good clean out/clean up of the house. I did not get to do a dump run (the joys of managing your trash in the country), so that is a must do chore. I did clean most of my windows and screens last weekend (inside and out) as well as the window sills and I'll finish that this weekend.

I've had a bunch of books on half.com for a while and since they have not sold and I'm down to the minimum price, I will take them to Goodwill for a donation .

The car repair bill has been paid and I have $10 to spend on myself this weekend. I think I'll earmark that for a new vacuum......

No comments: