Wednesday, October 10, 2007

7 Days and Counting

I got the questionnaire from the attorney's office, filled it out and sent it back to the paralegal with just two questions. I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I took some time off because I had an out of town event. This event wrecked my budget, just wrecked it. Actually, my car being out of service threw a wrench into the plans. I ended up renting a vehicle to cart me, my supplies, et all to this event. It was stinking hot (high 80's and high humidity) and along with my car not 100% and no AC, I rented a vehicle.

I worked a big trade/conference show for someone I used to have a business relationship with. I had agreed ages ago to work this event and felt I needed to honor my obligation. Plus I've been to this trade show before as a customer and it's been educational and fun. I am feeling the need to tie up loose ends all neat and tidy and leave relationships on a positive note.

Part of me had a great time seeing folks and networking. Part of me kept dreading the fact that I agreed to do this. I had to remind myself that 1) I agreed to do this event ages ago 2) You can't go back on your word when others were relying on you and 3) I don't have to do these trade shows anymore, so I might as well make this my last hurrah.

At least the weather has cooled down and it's making me feel better. I think I will feel a lot better after next Tuesday and when I get back to a writing schedule again.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I'm sorry to hear about your busted budget. I also had a rought month with budgeting because of the two tests I need to take this month.