Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Taking a Break,Taking Note, and updating

I've been taking a break from blogging. The main reason is my home computer is at war with the internet, takes forever to access the web or download e-mail. Too much of a pain at the moment for me to deal with and my ISP bill is going to be huge next month. I'm on dial up at home (yes I live in the dark ages).

I have been spending my lunch breaks reading other peoples blogs, old archieves, etc. It's nice to see improvement in peoples lives! I'm hoping to post some new blogs in my blog roll and links to some of the very interesting posts.

My own update is very small. I had my meeting with my attorney last week, signed all my paperwork, had to write out another check (this time my fault) for the filing fee and title search on the house. It all feels so weird. Someone posted in another persons blog that bankruptcy was the easy way out. Take my word on it, it's not. And coming back from bankruptcy is no easy journey either.

Writing out the check for the last set of fees was a little unexpected. I had hoped to earmark that money for my student loan and computer fund. I'm trying to get a head on my SL. Student Loans are not forgivable debts, and I still have about $6500 to pay back to the government.

2 comments:

Ms. M&P said...

Congrats on almost being done with the dirty work! One of my friends recently had to declare bankruptcy and I was there for her during the process. I know it's not easy and not easy to come back, but you will! My friend is doing really well and it's just been a year.

SavingDiva said...

How much do you have to pay your attorney? If you feel uncomfortable answering, please ignore the question.