Monday, September 10, 2007

Just Some Thoughts

I can add to Frustration Factor 2b later, as they say, The Beat Goes On. I went away for the weekend to see some freinds and at least the 5 hour car ride gave me some time to think and think about my situation. But just some other random observations of my weekend

I budgeted $160 for personal shopping this weekend. It is pretty much my clothes budget until mid winter. I was in an area of great outlet stores. I don't have all my recipets here, but pretty much this is what I ended with: 2 pairs of shoes which can be worn year round (and one pair is soooo comfy) $90, 2 skirts (ended up being 70% off), 2 shirts, 1 pr new sunglasses and one new tote bag $80. I think I went over my budget a bit, the shoes were a tad more expensive than I normally pay, but they are both comfortable and can be used year round. Both pairs are replacing two very old pairs of shoes, the sunglasses replacing a pair that are too scratched to really see out of (and i did buy an inexpensive eyeglass case to protect this pair) 1 shirt I may be returning, I got home and went to put it in the closet and thought, hum, I really don't like you all that much. That may drop me back to my budge range.

The good part was I stopped shopping after I scored the two skirts on the big sale. The skirts were on my list of things I needed. I got them, I stopped shopping. The old me would have tried one more store.

Just like going to the grocery store, keeping to a list was very helpful. :)

3 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I'm trying to go without shopping this month...so your great deals are making me jealous!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job scouting out deals and also stopping yourself once you'd gotten what you need. Sounds like you did a great job keeping your focus, and that's hard to do at an outlet mall.

undercover vixen said...

maybe it's just me... but i feel like someone going through bankruptcy should have been more frugal