Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Few More Strides

I had my second meeting with the attorney's office yesterday, signed all the paperwork that needed to be signed, and was pretty much told that I won't lose my house. HUGH relief. I had no idea where I would be able to live with my animals. I'd be hard pressed to find affordable housing in this area, much less housing with my animals. Plus what I pay in a mortgage is cheaper than most rents. That house purchase was probably the smartest thing I did in the past 7 years.

I do have to stay current on my mortgage payments (which except for one month when it was 5 days late, I am) and I should be ok. Should be, so keep your fingers crossed. The bank still has the final say. The attorney's office still needs to do a title search and one last credit check, then everything gets sent off.

I will need to get a new Social Security Card. I can't find mine and I was told I'd need it for the filing. I did stop by the local SSA office only to find out they closed at 4 (I was there at 4:40 PM), I'll see if I can sneak out at lunch tomorrow and apply for a new card. I downloaded the application this am, filled it out, but you need to be there in person with valid photo ID. I'm hoping since we are a fairly rural area that this process won't take too long.

Anyway. I'll be back with some cool blogs and links in a bit.

No comments: