Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Joys Of Home Ownership

I got the first quote on new gutters for my house.  All inclusive, it's going to be about $775.  Sigh-that will be July's second job and most of August's second job income going towards the gutters.  They do need to be replaced and it's something I can not do, nor do I wish to do......

I have three other companies coming to give me quotes.  From what little research I did do, this is going to cost me about what the first estimate is.

I also priced out new lawn mowers, to find one that will meet my needs, I'll be spending about $150. I am hoping that Home Depot or Lowes or any other store of that nature will be running an end of the season sale and maybe I can get one for less than $100.

At least today is lovely and sunny here in Southern New England! Yesterday was miserable!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Try Wal-Mart for a lawn mower. I know last year, they had at least 1 model that was $100.

Dawn said...

I hear you on home ownership expenses! It is such a pain, but what can we do?