Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Best Tip I've Had All Week.

I got a pre-paid phone card as a gift at Christmas I think it has something like 700 minutes on it and I used it when I was house sitting for a friend where I had no mobile service. I put $30 worth of phone time on the card the other day and I know have over 1000 minutes of talk time. I cancelled my long distance phone service because I don't use my long distance phone service at home that much. My monthly LD service for the land line costs $20 just to have in place, I was paying taxes and surcharges on a service I hardly used.

I looked over my old phone bills and realized that I was paying for a service I never used. The phone card is 2.8 cents per minute and I have unlimited weekends on my mobile phone as well. Since I spend a lot of time on the phone at work, I really don't use the phone that much at home.

Look into the phone card if you have a land line. You can buy them at Costco, BJ's and other ware house clubs. This may not work for you if you are a multi person residence or tend to loose things like phone cards.

No comments: