Monday, October 20, 2008

The Bank Update-How does yours Compare?

Last week I posted about banking in local banks vs. banking at larger multi state banks (or on line). Interesting to see that many folks have opted for the local bank or credit union.

On Saturday, two of the local banks had ads in the papers affirming depositors and potential customers that they do in fact have lots of money and are fiscally sound. At least according to their PR they are performing satisfactorily, but how do they really stack up?

Bankrate.com has a place on it's web site you can look up your bank or credit union. Click here at this link and then follow the easy to use prompts. I looked up both my regular bank and my credit union and was happy with what I saw via bankrate.com. I'll be keeping my money where it is for the time being.

No comments: