Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Best Laid Plans....

I'm dead to the world all snuggly in my bed at 11:45 PM last night, dreaming of pints of real ale and egg mayonnaise and cress sandwiches when my phone rings. I don't answer, but let the machine pick up thinking it has to be a wrong number. My phone has not rung past 9:30 PM in months.

Nope, it's my ride to the airport. Seems he's had a change in plans and thus my ride has changed. I will be leaving 4 hours earlier than planned to get to the airport. Which means I'll be sitting at a major New York metropolitan airport for almost 8 hours with two books and my mobile phone.

With such little notice in the travel plans, I was not able at 6:15 this am to find an alternate ride. I live about 3 hours from the major NY metropolitan airport that I am flying out of. My ride actually has a consulting assignment close to the airport and this ended up being a win win. He got someone to talk to for the ride down, I got a ride down.

I was at work by 7:00 AM to finish my last few items, called my boss at 8:15 AM told him my abbreviated day started at 7:00 AM and then I would be out the door.

Oh yeah, did I mention it's SNOWING right now......

9 comments:

MoneyMateKate said...

Hey, if it's not to late to give you some advice on currency exchange: do it in your UK arrival airport, NOT in the US. We have the worst rip-off rates and commissions in the world (I've been to over 30 countries, I feel pretty secure in saying this).

Have a wonderful trip!

Family Man said...

I hope you enjoy the trip....

Debtfree2009 said...

Have a great trip.

Immer said...

Hope you are having a wonderful vacation. Just found your blog recently and went back and read it from the beginning. Made really inspirational reading on my lunch hours every day and when I got up to the current post, I was lost without more to read. Just started my blog on January 1st-New Year's resolution and all that! You have made excellent progress on your debt and are an inspiration to others. I know that I am encouraged just to read all that you have accomplished. Hope I can have some of the same success. Can't wait until you get back and post about your trip, too.

Anonymous said...

cyiazuuan http://crush-the-castle.com Crush The Castle

Anonymous said...

Hey, This is a message to the website owner. Please check out my friends website, he is offering a very good service that you may be intrested in. Does your website gain hardly any visitors or not rank for keywords you want it to rank for with Google? Well he can help! He can provide you with tens of thousands of backlinks to your site! Take a quick look as im sure you will be intrested. http://hellomotow.net/backlinks/

Anonymous said...

Hey, This is a message to the website owner. Please check out my friends website, he is offering a very good service that you may be intrested in. Does your website gain hardly any visitors or not rank for keywords you want it to rank for with Google? Well he can help! He can provide you with tens of thousands of backlinks to your site! Take a quick look as im sure you will be intrested. http://hellomotow.net/backlinks/

Anonymous said...

Hey i just came here to let you know about a service i offer. I offer cheap backlinks that can help you website rank significantly better on Google. Traffic is everything and to get decent traffic you need to rank well in the search engines. My service can help provide that, check out my site http://hellomotow.net/backlinks

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

Sometimes even the best laid plans can go wrong.