Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mystery Shopping

I did my secret shopping yesterday for the vet clinic. While I went over my allotted reimbursement, I'm glad I went. Poochie needed a complete exam, her elderly owner was never able to give me her vet records and supposedly the vet that had been treating her "retired" and I could not track down her records. Total cost of the visit was $180, total reimbursement including my shop fee was $125. I've shopped this clinic before, but did not spend $180. Oh well, paying $55 out of pocket for the visit is far less than what I would normally pay and I know she is current on her vaccinations, et all.

I have another shop scheduled for today. It's for a local chain store and I'm happy to have the opportunity to do it. I'm going to be around the store running some errands. I just wish there were more shops available. Even though there is a delay in reimbursement, getting paid to eat out on the occasional basis or getting "paid" to shop in one of my regular shops would be nice. Ah well, it is what it is!

3 comments:

SavingDiva said...

The vet shop seems awesome! :)

Dawn said...

Yep, I like it too. Especially for things that I was normally do - like your vet trip. That is great you made it work for you!

marci said...

How did you find a legitimate company to Mystery Shop for? I've wondered how people do it but all I find are scams. Also, how long does it usually take to get your reimbursement check? I'm curious.