Thursday, July 2, 2009

The AIO saga...

A couple weeks ago I got a free All In One (AOI) . The fax and copy part work, but I can't get it to scan or print from my computer as it is missing a needed driver.  Problem 1), I can't seem to find a driver on line.  Problem 2) I have no instruction book either so I can't trouble shoot. Problem 3) The people who gave me the unit don't have it either. 

The AIO is an Imagistics, made by Oce` and I can't find the make and model of my unit on their web site.  Frustrating.  The unit appears to be in a good shape and I'd really love to have a scan a thon one weekend. Right now it is sitting on a chair in my living room gathering dust. I'm working this weekend, but will be home on Sunday and will give it one last try.  If I can't find the drivers, this baby is outta the house. I don't have the space to "hang on" to it. 

In the mean time, I keep surfing the web for refurbished AIO's.  I did find one that I really wanted a couple months ago at a great discount price, but I waited too long and it got snapped up by someone else.  All Well, Snooze you Lose.