Wednesday, September 2, 2009

$250 Later~My Escape Is Back~

I have my Escape back. Lube, Oil Change, 21 Point Inspection, etc was only $40, the repair for the little noise I heard was $210 (parts and labor) seems something froze up in the drive chain. The Ford dealership said it was a good thing I got it looked at when I did as it could have led to a bigger problem. I used a Ford dealership in the next town and did not say boo to them other than Hi, I'm new here, I need an oil change and can you check out this little noise along with the oil change. Last year I needed some work on the Escape. I knew it was a PITA repair and would cost around what it did, what I was not happy with was the "suggested" repair and maintenance estimate that topped $1,100 (including the PITA repair) with the local Ford dealership. That bill and the fact one of the service mechanics just made a face and rolled his eyes at me when I said, sorry not now, can't afford it made me dump them like a hot potato. This new to me dealership was very nice and the only other thing they suggested was that I get some other fluids changed the next time I have an oil change. They did not try to push the issue and have it done now like the other dealership did.

I'm happy that this bill was not hundreds of dollars. This I can manage with only a little dip to my E-fund. I usually budget for an oil change every other month and figure every third oil change, some sort of fluid needs replacing. Last time I had the Escape in for an oil change, I got the fuel filter changed as it was overdue, earlier this spring I had the transmission fluid changed. I had the anti freeze done in the late fall. The only downside is the labor is a bit steep (hey, it is a dealership), but my regular mechanic is out of town and his limited staff is already overbooked. I just had a feeling about this noise and am glad I took the Escape in to be checked out now, so hopefully I will be avoiding a huge repair later!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I hate car problems, but isn't it great when you can get them fixed, knowing that you have the money for it? I remember driving my truck in my younger days without heat for an entire Michigan winter because I hadn't the money to fix it. Good for you for getting this taken care of right away!

Jessie said...

ugh! Car problems are the worst. You can try to plan for them, but things always wind up costing more then you think.

I'm driving a $1500 clunker, and am willing it to last me another year without requiring any serious repairs.

marci said...

Oh, sorry for commenting on the post previous, now I feel dumb for what I said. LOL. Anyway, it's great when car repairs are just what you plan for! I'm happy for you that you got the noise figured out too. Better safe than sorry, right?

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER 5 DOLLARS said...

Nice post

oakleyses said...

air max, gucci handbags, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, nike air max, oakley sunglasses wholesale, burberry pas cher, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, longchamp pas cher, michael kors pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, nike free, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, prada outlet, chanel handbags, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe, polo outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet online, uggs on sale, jordan pas cher, kate spade outlet, nike outlet, nike free run, louis vuitton, ugg boots, sac longchamp pas cher, christian louboutin uk, replica watches, prada handbags